As the economy continues to improve, companies need more Project Managers. Some Project Management skills are needed across the board- attention to detail, focus on process, time management and capability to multitask, for instance – but there are some less obvious, but equally crucial, skills that separate the good from the great. Here, CIO experts weigh in on what they look for when hiring IT project managers.
- The ability to manage resource conflicts
- Familiarity with a variety of technical platforms/methodologies
- A focus on Business Strategy and Agility
- Excellent communication skills
- Management Skills
- Ability to accurately access risks
- Speak the right language (the same language)
- Global experience or Vertical experience are in high demand today.
For help on your next Project Management project please contact us today. MS Project Now has the skills and resources to help all your projects be successful. For the full list of skills for IT Project Managers see CIO.