From what I hear this exam can be difficult for those not having used SharePoint regularly. With that said, if you are looking to pass this exam and have not been using SharePoint for several years be sure to use various mechanisms to prepare yourself. Our team has been preparing and passing this exam lately, and we’ve found the following two resources very helpful:
- Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013: Author: Troy Lanphier.
- Abstract (From Amazon): Prepare for Exam 70-331—and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 core solutions. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSE level.
- See more here.
- Deployment Guide for SharePoint 2013: Published: 10/2012, Author: Microsoft Office System and Servers Team
- Abstract: This book provides deployment instructions for SharePoint 2013. The audiences for this book include application specialists, line-of-business application specialists, and IT administrators who are ready to deploy SharePoint 2013.
- CED Solutions also offers an in-person course in Atlanta, and you can actually choose to take the exam on the last day of the class. Personally this is my type of course. Three days of complete isolation/focus, then take the exam while the information is fresh in your mind.
The two books mentioned were found to be very helpful in our case.
Anyone interested in sharing how they passed the exam? If so we’d like to hear of your success/method.