With the imminent virtual launch of Office 2010, SharePoint 2010, Project and Project Server 2010 on May 12th (http://www.the2010event.com) we wanted to remind you what key Project 2010 resources are available today depending on your role (Business Decision Maker, end user, IT Professionals, Developers etc…) A popular medium for this release are interactive content such as videos and webcasts (see the two links below).
For instance today you have access to:
- All the recorded sessions from the last Project Conference 2009 in Phoenix, 110 hours of content
- Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professionals (MVP) webcast series introducing key 2010 capabilities: 11 hours of content
- IT Professional webcast series presented by expert consultants from Microsoft Consulting Services who have been working with customers on 2010 beta deployment: 8 hours of content
- Developers, Developers, Developers webcast series as announced by Jan this week a total of 17 webcast so about 18 hours of content will be delivered by the end of June
- Project 2010 Ignite Video Interviews – I’m 2010 Ready, Are you? – 5 hours of content
In summary you have access to about 150 hours/6 days of Project 2010 content today! But wait there is more planned J ; we have completed last week the recording of the Project 2010 Ignite content (will be available on May 12th on our newly launched Project 2010 site) as well as working on webcast series and whitepapers targeted at BDM/TDM on Demand Management, Portfolio Strategy, Better Together with SharePoint 2010, etc… so subscribe to all the RSS mentioned below to stay on top of content release.
Beside the videos mentioned above, please remember that a lot of Project 2010 questions are answered today on our main product portal as well as TechNet and MSDN so use at will you favorite search engine: BING.
For instance you can learn all about these specific 2010 topics:
- What’s New and Version Comparison for both the desktop and the server are available: http://www.microsoft.com/project
- Upgrade and Migration on the dedicated resource center on TechNet: Upgrade and Migration Resource Center for Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Business Intelligence and Reporting capabilities check out the Business Intelligence in Project Server 2010
- Options and how to create a custom workflow check out the SDK resources
Last but not least if your customers and partners still have 2010 questions tell them to leverage the Microsoft Project Forums:
- Project 2010 – General Questions and Answers, Customization and Programming
- Project Server 2010 – General Questions and Answers, Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation, Customization and Programming
Listed below are the key Microsoft assets but as usual there are a lot more content on partner sites/blogs and organizations like MPUG.
Interactive content – Videos & Sessions & Webcasts
Project Professional 2010 and Project Server 2010 Demo Image:
- Download: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9713956
- Hosted Virtual Lab: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9713654
IT Professional related
· TechCenter @ TechNet: http://technet.microsoft.com/ProjectServer
· Admin Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/projectadministration
- Developer center @ MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/Project
- Programmability blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/project_programmability
Additional questions? Project 2010 Forums!
reposted from Christophe’s blog