Before you begin Make sure your PC meets the system requirements.
Project Online Professional or Project Online Premium:
Project Standard or Project Professional:
Step 1: Sign in to download Project
- Navigate to www.office.com and select Sign In.
- Sign in with the account associated with this version of Project. This can be a Microsoft account, a work, or a school account.
- After signing in, follow the steps below for our subscription or non-subscription version of Project.
Project (Standard or Professional)
From the Office home page, select Install Office.
- If you have multiple Office products you may have to scroll through the list of your owned subscriptions, in the header, select Services and subscriptions which lists all the Microsoft Products you own.
Locate the version of Project you want to install and selected install.
Tip: To install Project in a different language, or to install the 64-bit version, select the link Other options. Choose the language and bit version you want, then select Install.
Project Online (Professional or Premium)
From the Office home page select Install Office apps > Other install options. (if you set a different start page, go to https://admin.microsoft.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx)
- Under Software, select Project. Choose the language and the bit version you want, then select Install. (To install 64-version, under Version, select advanced, choose 64-bit, and then select Install)
Tip: If Project isn’t listed under the Software navigation heading on the left-side of your page, it probably means you don’t have a license. Check if you have a license and if you don’t, contact your admin and ask to have one assigned to you.
Project should now begin downloading. Follow the prompts in Step 2 to complete the installation.
Step 2: Install Project
- Depending on your browser, select Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? select Yes.The install begins.
- Your install is finished when you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Project is installed now” and an animation plays to show you where to find the Project app on your computer.
Follow the instructions in the window to find Project, for example depending on your version of Windows, select Start and then scroll to find Project from your list of apps.
For those of you using Microsoft Project Online, follow these instructions to connect the MS Project desktop client to MS Project Online.