One of the most exciting new features in Project Pro 2016 and Microsoft Project Online is Resource Engagements. Everyone at Integent is talking about this great new feature and how it can provide better communication between Resource Managers and Project Managers.
Resource Managers can flag a resource as requiring approval prior to project assignments by selecting the checkbox when editing a resource in the enterprise resource pool.
Note: Your project must be saved, checked out to you and already published to use the engagements functionality.
- Click Add Engagement
- Complete the Engagement Information dialog box selecting the resource from your team, Start and Finish dates, the percentage of time you would like to assign the resource to tasks in your project, work can also be used in place of units
- Click Ok
- Navigate to the Resource Plan view
- Locate the new engagement you just created, it will have a green indicator
- From the Engagements tab select Submit | Submit Selected Engagements
- The Engagement Status field will display Proposed
- Resource Managers can Accept or Reject your request
- Click Refresh to view the current status
Note: Committed indicates the request was approved. If Rejected look for a note that may include information as to why and what changes you may need to make.