We work with many clients who are evaluating different EPM’s. So we have been through the following process many times. We feel like this evaluation process is a chance for us to shine. Here are some excellent tips from CIO Magazine on the three best ways to minimize the risk and maximize the user acceptance of a new enterprise software like EPM.
1) Schedule a Product Demonstration
From all the attendees you should determine:
- What do you like & dislike about the product?
- Rate the software product on a 0 – 5 scale.
- What do you like and dislike about the vendor?
- Rate the vendor on a 0 – 5 scale.
- Any other comments?
2) Vendor response validation
You should audit and validate the provisionally selected product for your needs.
3) Check References
When speaking to a reference you are unlikely to have much more than an hour, so the choice of questions is critical. Make sure you have a list of questions to ask before the call. Along with each question, include the context of why you are asking it because references may want to know this before answering.
Contact us today to see how we can make Enterprise Project Management easy for your company.