From Microsoft’s Christophe Fiessinger. We find this is a great resource for those interested in exploring the new version of Project and Project Server …. 2010 is here. Thank you Christophe.
Dear Project 2010 Community,
Following the virtual launch last week of Project 2010 and thanks to Toney and Sonia from the Office Content Publishing team hard work please find below a recap of content available today to help use Project and Project Server 2010.
In their words: “We will continue adding videos to the Help content, and will be adding new Help topics. We welcome feedback on our Help content, and would love to read your comments and suggestions! Simply click one of the answers to the question at the bottom of any Help article (“Did this article help you?”). You can then provide additional information about your experience with the Help content. Our writing team reviews this feedback regularly, and uses it to update existing content, or plan for future content.”
Project Server 2010
Currently, end user documentation for Project Web App can be found on the Project Server 2010 Help and How-To page on Office.com, and includes:
- What’s new in Project Web App
- Getting started with Project Web App
- Up to speed with Project Web App (video series)
- Getting started articles for each of the following roles:
o Team members
o Project managers
o Portfolio managers
o Site administrators
- Discontinued features and modified functionality in Microsoft Project Server 2010
Project client 2010
Currently, end user documentation for Project 2010 client can be found on the Project 2010 Help and How To page on Office.com, and includes:
- What’s New For Project 2010
- Project Quick Reference Guide. This is a downloadable Word doc that helps users match project management processes with Project 2010 features.
- Two Help features that helps users understand the Project ribbon:
- Get to Know the New Project Ribbon.
- Interactive Guide to Project. This guide shows you where your favorite menu and toolbar commands are located in Project 2010.
- Go Beyond Excel. An article that sells Project over Excel for basic project management.
- Community. A Help article with links to community sources of content, including Facebook, YouTube, and other sites where Project is discussed..
- Videos. Numerous Videos have been produced, including an Up-To-Speed video series.
- Getting Started series of articles. These include articles and videos that introduce the user to Project, including: Getting Started overview topic, Project basics overview topic, Starting a new project overview topic, Project basics step-by-step guide.
- How scheduling works in Project. An overview of the new scheduling engine.
- Using Project with previous versions article. A backwards compatibility article.
- Discontinued features and changed functionality in Project 2010
Future plans include:
- Videos. We will continue adding