Recently we found a bug where Timesheet Status is getting updated incorrectly in reporting database. Below are the steps to reproduce the issue.
- Log on to PWA.
- Start the delegate session for any of the user.
- Create a Timesheet for any of the Period.
- Enter the time for one of the tasks and click on send >> turn in final submission.
- Login as Timesheet Manager and approve the Timesheet.
- Run below queries. (’00ce8994-89c9-e311-93ff-005056907557′ is the Timesheet UID created in step 3)
- Published Table: Select * from pub.MSP_TIMESHEETS where TS_UID = ’00ce8994-89c9-e311-93ff-005056907557′
- Reporting Table: Select * from MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView where TimesheetUID = ’00ce8994-89c9-e311-93ff-005056907557′
- Both Published and Reporting will have status as Approved (3).
- Log on as Status Manager and accept the status updates for tasks submitted via this timesheet.
- Run the queries again.
- The Published DB will have status as Approved, however reporting DB will now show status as in-progress (0).
The Timesheet Status in reporting DB changes back to in-progress as soon as you accept the task updates after timesheet approval. Microsoft has confirmed this as a bug and fix will be released in future cumulative updates.
As a temporary workaround, we received SQL queries from Microsoft Support Team. These queries updates the reporting database with correct status.