In our ongoing series for our Project Online users this blog post addresses managing users through the Office 365 administrative interface. Look for a short video in the near future as well. This was developed by our support engineer Kiran Khanvilkar. Thank you Kiran for putting this together!
1. Project Online Licensing.
2. How to check Project Online Licenses.
3. Permission mode.
4. How to change the Permission Mode.
5. How to add users in SharePoint Permission Mode.
6. How to Add User in Project Server Permission Mode.
7. How to Remove User.
Project cloud-based solutions are licensed on a per-user basis. You can purchase them as standalone plans or as an additional service with Office 365 plans.
- Project Online with Project Pro for Office 365 is a flexible online solution for project portfolio management (PPM) and everyday work. It includes Project Online and Project Pro for Office 365.
- Project Online enables organizations to get started, prioritize project portfolio investments and deliver the intended business value from virtually anywhere.
- Project Pro for Office 365 gives you the control and capabilities of Project Professional 2013 as an always up-to-date subscription from Office 365.
Check Total Number of Licenses for the Subscription
1. Log on to Project Online Tenant https://msprojectonline.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa
2. Click on Admin >> Office 365
3. Click on Licensing on the left navigation bar
4. This page displays the total number of licenses available for your subscriptions
5. Click on Licenses link on the same page to see number of licenses currently assigned
Each instance of Project Web App can use either Project Server permission mode or SharePoint permission mode to control user access. Project Server 2013 offers two security modes for controlling the kind of access that users have to sites and projects:
The following table illustrates the features available in each security mode.
SharePoint permission mode
Project Server permission mode
Unified security management through SharePoint Server