On a regular basis we get questions from customers and others asking where they may be able to find more information on how to use, or get started, with Microsoft Project Online. With the simplicity in which people can subscribe to Microsoft Project Online, the sign-ups are numerous. Unlike other office products that are intuitive in nature to learn, Microsoft Project Online requires instruction.
Well there certainly are plenty of resources. All of which can be accessed directly from the home page of Project Online home page. Note the New to Microsoft Project Online tile shown below:
Clicking on this tile will launch a web page titled Get started with Microsoft Project Online
From here you are able to access quite a bit of information on using the product. For instance, clicking on the Already signed up and using Project Online link will open a web page explaining via text and a video how to add users to the Project Online tenant via the Office 365 portal:
Dig a little deeper and you will locate a web page with an abundance of information on using Project Online. From creating projects to working with tasks, or resource management and timesheet usage, there is plenty to get one started.
In case you cannot find the page above, here’s are several helpful URLs
- Getting Started with Project Online (very comprehensive info for just about every task): http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-project-online-help/find-information-about-project-online-HA104002027.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA104167823
- Adding people to Project Online: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-project-online-help/step-2-add-people-to-project-online-HA104068864.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA102858793
- Track work in Project Online (for Team Members): http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-project-online-help/track-work-in-project-online-HA104237857.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA102858793
- What can team members to in Project Online: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-project-online-help/what-can-team-members-do-in-project-online-HA104220591.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA104237857
- Working with tasks in Project Online (downloadable guide): http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41564
- Project Online and Project Server 2013 quick start guides: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-server-help/quick-start-guides-for-project-online-and-project-server-2013-HA104167823.aspx
Of course videos and articles are no substitute for leveraging the experience of a partner that has been using and deployment the product to many different types of customers, each with different requirements.&am