reposted from Telligent forums
The day, I upgraded the Community Server 2007 to 2008 in IIS7 (Windows Server 2008), and encountered one problem. The tag cloud links became ooo+xxx when the tag include space character. Of course, the link was broken.
The message from IIS as below
Most likely causes: The request contained a double escape sequence and request filtering is configured on the Web server to deny double escape sequences.
Things you can try:Verify the configuration/system.webServer/security/requestFiltering@allowDoubleEscaping setting in the applicationhost.config or web.confg file.
The discussion in the Telligent is as windows server 2008 – IIS7 – tags with space in name give 404.
The the clear steps as this KB.
- Locate the following directory: %windir%System32inetsrvconfig
- Open the applicationHost.config file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- In the applicationHost.config file, locate the following code:
<section name="requestFiltering" overrideModeDefault="Deny" />
Replace the code that you found in step 3 with the following code:
<section name="requestFiltering" overrideModeDefault="Allow"/>
Locate the following diretory:
- Double-click the directory of the SOAP-enabled server that you want to activate.
- Open the web.config file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- In the web.config file, locate the following code:
- Replace the code that you found in step 8 with the following code: