We were getting below error message while building the OLAP cube in Project Server 2010.
Error: Cube build failed to connect to the Analysis Services server. Verify the data source connection is valid
We use msmdpump.dll as we access the OLAP over http. I verified the connection and configuration for msmdpump.dll and everything looks to be fine.
However we used to get below error in application log each time we build the OLAP cube.
Error: An operation failed because the following certificate has validation errors:nnSubject Name: CN=*.Company.com, OU=Domain Control Validated, O=*.msprojectonline.comnIssuer Name: SERIALNUMBER=07969287, CN=Go Daddy Secure Certification Authority, OU=http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository, O=”GoDaddy.com, Inc.”, L=Scottsdale, S=Arizona, C=USnThumbprint: E8B3DBF6B9ECEA9B5B751B5C39F1690C6822255BnnErrors:nn The root of the certificate chain is not a trusted root authority..
We imported the root certificate using below steps and that helped us to fix the OLAP cube build error.
- Browse the PWA URL
- click on the Security Report Icon next to the address bar in IE
- Select view certificate
- From certificate path tab select root certificate
- Click on details tab and select copy to file >> Enter the location and export the certificate
- Open SharePoint Central admin >> Security >>Click on trust
- Create new trust relationship and import the root certificate.