Recently a client inquired how they could enable the “Add Yourself to a Task” functionality in their instance of Project Server 2010 Project Web App (PWA)
The “Create a New Task” and “Add Yourself to a Task” functionality are both controlled by the permission to “Create New Task or Assignment”.
I’ve included a series of illustrations that highlight this point followed by the procedure for a PWA Administrator to change this setting.
INITIAL TEAM MEMBER/MY TASKS PERMISSION
NEW TEAM MEMBER/MY TASKS PERMISSION
AFTER ENABLING SETTING
If you want to enable the “Create new task” functionality for members of the Team Members group your Project Server administrator would need to do the following:
1. Log into PWA with Administrator permissions.
2. Click the Server Settings link in the Quick Launch menu.
3. Click the Manage Groups link in the Security section of the Server Settings page.
4. Click the Team Members group to open it for editing.
5. In the Categories section of the page, click the My Tasks category.
6. In the Permissions for My Tasks data grid, select the Allow setting for the Create New Task or Assignment permission.
7. Click the Save button.
This procedure can be used to control the permissions for the Create New Task functionality in any security Group.
Richard Van Langen, PMP, MCTS, MCP | Principal Consultant | MS PROJECT NOW! LLC