The August 2014 CU was delivered with caution from Microsoft’s Senior Escalation Engineer. I would urge you to read the article in its entirety but make note that….
“This CU does NOT(!) include all SharePoint 2013 fixes previously released! It is recommended to install July 2014 CU before installing this CU.
The CU does not include SP1! You can install SP1 before or after installing this CU.”
To read the article in its entirety click here.
The KB articles for August CU are available at the following locations:
- KB 2883081 – SharePoint Foundation 2013 August 2014 CU
- KB 2883086, KB 2883085, KB 2883078, KB 2880559, KB 2760213 – SharePoint Server 2013 August 2014 CU
- KB 2883083 – SharePoint Server 2013 with Project Server August 2014 CU
- KB 2883093 – Office Web Apps Server 2013 August 2014 CU (KB delayed)
The Packages for August 2014 CU are available through the following links:
- Download SharePoint Foundation 2013 August 2014 CU: 2883081
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 August 2014 CU: 2883086, 2883085, 2883078, 2880559, 2760213
- Download Project Server 2013 August 2014 CU: 2883083
- Download Office Web Apps Server 2013 August 2014 CU: 2883093
If you are unsure about what to do next or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We test the patches, cumulative updates, and packages so you don’t have to. We offer Support Agreements to help you maintain the integrity of your environment. Contact us for more information.