Understanding resource quotas
Server resources are a numerical way of representing server resources, including RAM and CPU utilization. Each SharePoint Online deployment is allocated a server resource figure based on the number of user licenses.
To view and change the resources for an available site collection perform the following:
- login to the Office 365 portal with portal admin permissions.
- Navigate to the Admin center by clicking on the Admin link.
- Once in the Admin area, expand the Admin centers in the left-hand navigation, then select the SharePoint admin center.
- Once in the SharePoint admin center, select the checkbox in front of the site collection you wish to adjust the Server Resource Allocation metric
- In the Site Collections ribbon slick the Server Resource Quota button.
- Adjust the Server Resource Quota metric. Note that the value chosen must not consume more than the noted resources available.
- Click the Save button