OK, I was banging my head for about 3 hours this morning trying to get a multi-value parameter work in an SSRS report until I consulted a colleague. He told me the I could set the filter at the Dataset level, rather than in the embedded SQL. Do so as follows:
- Create a parameter to use and make it multi-value capable
- Right-click on the dataset you would like to use the multi-value parameter, and select Dataset Properties from the sub-menu.
- Next, Select the Expression field to filter on. In my case it was Timesheet Manager
- Next, for Operator choose In
- Finally, in the value field specify the name of your multi-value select parameter enclosed in square brackets.
- And that’s it! Good Luck