Microsoft Project Online for Portfolio Managers
Private Group Training | 1 Day
This course provides the knowledge you need for the setup and usage of demand management, capacity planning and portfolio management using Microsoft Project Online and Project Server. This includes viewing project proposals as they progress through a governance workflow, reviewing and prioritizing business drivers, creating a pairwise comparison to determine business driver importance, and understanding the significance of the consistency ratio.
In addition, this course also covers the setup of the portfolio analysis features as well, including creating the business driver library, defining impact statements, creating custom fields necessary for the portfolio analysis process, and more.
This course is customized to focus on how specific roles and processes are defined for your organization.
After this course, you’ll understand the processes of project scheduling and control, and be able to implement those processes in Project Professional and Project Online. The course includes both lecture and hands-on exercises.
This course is designed for portfolio managers or others who will assist with the setup and usage of the demand management and portfolo analysis features of Microsoft Project Online.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and basic project management principles helpful.
Provided with the Course
Custom training manual, exercise booklet, access to a Microsoft Project Online training environment for the class for duration of class.
Project Management Institute
Integent LLC is a Global Registered education provider with the Project Management Institute, and this course provides 8 PDUs.
What You’ll Learn
Overveiw of Portfolio Analysis
- Understanding Portfolio Analysis
Preparing to use Portfolio Analysis
- Creating the Business Driver Library
- Defining Impact Statements
- Completing a Prioritization Exercise
- Creating Custom Fields to Support Portfolio Analysis
Defining the Portfolio
- Defining the Properties of the Portfolio
- Understanding Project Dependencies
- Creating Dependencies
- Understanding Metric Values
- Applying Views
- Analyzing Resource Deficits
- Adding Resources to a what-if scenario
- Using the Deficit and Surplus Report
- Reviewing the Hired Resources Report
- Rescheduling Incomplete Work
- Forcing Projects In/Out
- Changing Start Dates to stage projects
- Adjusting the Cost Constraints
- Modeling Hiring Resources
- Recalculating the Analysis
- Saving different Scenarios for comparison
Committing the Portfolio
- Committing a Scenario
- Creating a View to Capture the Default Committed Field Values