Microsoft Project Online for Team Members
Private Group Training | 4 Hours
This course covers the Team Member role in the Project Online environment. It includes covers viewing task assignments, completing the timesheet and providing status on the Task page. We also cover submitting and recalling timesheets, planning personal time off, and reporting status via the timesheet to the project manager. The course also covers working with Risks, Issues and Documents, as well as setting alerts on these items.
This course is customized to focus on how specific roles and processes are defined for your organization.
After this course, you’ll understand how to view and update your assigned work via the Task and Timesheet, collaborate using the Project Site, and have a general understanding of the overall Microsoft Project Online and Server PPM solutions capabilities and value to the organization.
This course is designed for team members who will collaborate on projects artifacts, view project information in Project Center, and update task progress in the solution.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and basic project management principles helpful.
Provided with the Course
Custom training manual, exercise booklet, as well as access to a Microsoft Project Online training environment for the duration of the class.
Project Management Institute
Integent LLC is a Global Registered education provider with the Project Management Institute, and this course provides 4 PDUs
What You’ll Learn
Introducing Microsoft Project Online
- What is project online
- Project Online Terminology
- The Project Online interactive update cycle
Project Web App Orientation
- The Home Page
- Working with Ribbons and Views
- Project Center
- Tasks and Timesheet
- Issues and Risks
- Managing Alerts and Reminders
Tracking Time and Task Progress
- Tracking Time and Progress in Project Web App
- Viewing Project Tasks
- Viewing All Task Assignments
- Updating Task Progress using the Task Page
- Updating Task Progress via Timesheets
- Recalling and Resubmitting a Timesheet
- Planning Personal Time Off
Collaboration with Project Sites
- Tracking Issues and Risks
- Add or Edit an Issue
- Add or Edit a Risk
- Using the Document Library
- Check out a document for editing
- Check in a Document
- Managing Alerts for Documents
- Managing Alerts for Issues and Risks