Microsoft Project 2016 Essentials
Group Training | 1 Day
Get the essential skills needed to effectively use the powerful functionality of the Microsoft Project scheduling engine every day. You’ll learn how to build and manage project schedules in an interactive environment, quickly mastering the best practices that will optimize your use of Microsoft Project 2016. Coursework will begin with an overview of the Project interface, then we’ll dive into the steps required to build and execute a successful project schedule: project definition, task, resource and assignment planning, schedule planning, and more.
Through lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises, you’ll learn techniques such as schedule structure, building the WBS, using milestones, and tracking progress. Real-world scenarios will solidify your understanding of different scheduling situations and how to handle them.
This course is specifically designed to instruct you on the use of the technology, as well as best-practice schedule development. The course is also a great way to jump-start your skills when they have ceased to progress.
After this course, you’ll understand the processes of project scheduling and control, and be able to implement those processes in Project Professional. The course includes both lecture and hands-on exercises.
program managers, project managers, project planners, project schedulers and any individuals or teams that need to create, maintain, and track project schedules in Project Professional.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and basic project management principles helpful.
Provided with the Course
Training manual, exercise booklet, exercise files, access to download and install Microsoft Project Professional for duration of class.
Project Management Institute
Integent LLC is a Global Registered education provider with the Project Management Institute, and this course provides 8 PDUs
What You’ll Learn
See the new features in Project 2016
- See the new features in Project 2016
Take a guided tour
- Explore the Project interface
- Manage files and set options in the backstage
- Work with schedule details in views
- Use reports to check a plan’s status
Start a new plan
- Create a new plan and set it’s start date
- Set nonworking days in teh project calendar
- Enter the plan title and other properties
Build a task list
- Create Tasks
- Enter task durations and dates
- Enter milestone tasks
- Create summary tasks to outline the plan
- Link tasks to create dependencies
- Switch task scheduling from manual to automatic
- Check a plan’s duration and finish date
- Document task information
Set up resources
- Set up work resources
- Enter the maximum capacity for work resources
- Enter work resource pay rates
- Adjust working time in a resource calendar
- Set up cost resources
- Document resources by using notes
Assign resources to tasks
- Assign work resources to tasks
- Control work when adding or removing resources
- Assign cost resources to tasks
- Check the plan after assigning resources
Format and share your plan
- Customize a Gantt Chart view
- Add tasks to a timeline view
- Customize reports
- Copy views and reports
- Print views and reports
Track Progress: Basic techniques
- Understand progress tracking
- Save a baseline of your plan
- Track a plan as scheduled
- Enter a task’s completion percentage
- Enter actual values for tasks