Microsoft Project Online for Project Managers
Open Enrollment | 1 Day | Fee: $199
This one-day course will provide practical, hands-on experience for creating, managing, and reporting on project schedules with Microsoft Project Professional and Microsoft Project Online.
Key skills addressed: defining your project, creating tasks, and making assignments, then managing and tracking the project in Project Professional and Project Online. Other topics include analyzing projects in Project Center, viewing capacity and demand information in the Resource Center as well as using Project Sites and various other topics (see below).
After this course, you’ll understand the processes of project scheduling and control, and be able to implement those processes in Project Professional and Project Online. The course includes both lecture and hands-on exercises.
Get a Free Consultation
program managers, project managers, project planners, project schedulers and any individuals or teams that need to create, maintain, and track project schedules in Project Professional.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and basic project management principles helpful.
Provided with the Course
Training manual, exercise files, access to download and install Microsoft Project Professional for duration of class, access to a fully configured Microsoft Project Online training environment for the duration of the class.
Project Management Institute
Integent LLC is a Global Registered education provider with the Project Management Institute, and this course provides 8 PDUs
What You’ll Learn
Project Web App Orientation
- Role-based Home Pages
- Project Center
- Resource Center
- Task and Timesheet
- Managing Alerts and Reminders
Microsoft Project Interface Orientation
- Working with Project Files
- Navigating the Ribbons and Backstage
- Navigating Views
- Using Filters, Groups and Highlighting
- Turning on the Project Summary Task
Creating Enterprise Projects
- Defining the Project
- Building the Project Team
- Creating the Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating Dependencies
- Entering Work and Duration Estimates
- Resource and Assignment Planning
- Enterprise Calendars
Project Execution and Variance Analysis
- Updating the Schedule in Microsoft Project
- Time Tracking in Project Web App
- Accepting Pending Updates
Working with Project Center (PWA)
- Using the Project Center Views
- Viewing Schedule Details in PWA
- Editing Projects in Project Web App
Working in Resource Center
- Viewing Enterprise Resources in Resource Center
- Viewing Resource Assignments
- Working with Capacity Planning Views
Collaboration with Project Sites
- Tracking Issues and Risks
- Using the Document Library
- Managing Alerts for Documents, Issues and Risks