Microsoft Project Training – Introduction to Microsoft Project (02/11/2019)
February 11 @ 10:00 am - 10:00 pm$199
Microsoft Project Training: The Essentials
Open Enrollment | 4 hours | Live-Online | Eastern Standard Time
Want to learn the essential skills of the Microsoft Project scheduling engine without attending multiple days of training? Or are you looking for a short refresher on the key functionality of the product? In this 4-hour course you’ll learn some of the key skills required to start your plan, build a task list, set up resources, and much more.
Through lecture, demonstrations, and hands-on exercises, you’ll learn techniques such as starting a new plan, entering task work and duration, creating milestone tasks, setting up and assigning resources, using baselines and tracking progress. Real-world scenarios will solidify your understanding of different scheduling situations and how to handle them.
This course is specifically designed to instruct you on the use of the technology, as well as best-practice schedule development. The course is also a great way to jump-start your skills when they have ceased to progress.
Project managers, schedulers, and others who need to create, maintain, and track project schedules in Project Professional.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs and basic project management principles helpful.
Provided with the Course
Participant guide, quick reference guide and access to download and install Microsoft Project Professional for duration of class.
Project Management Institute
Integent LLC is a Global Registered education provider with the Project Management Institute, and this course provides 4 PDUs
What You’ll Learn:
Start a new plan
- Create a new plan and set it’s start date
- Set nonworking days in teh project calendar
- Saving your project
Build a task list
- Enter Task Names
- Enter task work and duration
- Enter milestone tasks
- Create summary tasks to outline the plan
- Task scheduling: Manual vs. Automatic
- Create task dependencies
- Document task information with notes and hyperlinks
Set up resources
- Enter work resource names
- Enter the maximum capacity for work resources
- Enter work resource pay rates
- Adjust working time in a resource calendar
- Set up cost resources
Assign resources to tasks
- Assign work resources to tasks
- Control work when adding or removing resources
- Save a baseline of your plan
- Track a plan as scheduled through a specific date
- Enter a task’s completion percentage
- Enter actual values for tasks