Welcome, this one-day course is designed to familiarize students with a combination of basic and intermediate skills required to use the features and functionality of Microsoft Project Professional 2016 to manage and track project schedules.
We'll provide an overview of the Project interface followed by a look inside to understand the views, tables, groups, and other elements available with the tool. From there we'll perform the steps required to build a successful project schedule: definition, task, resource and assignment planning, followed by project execution.
The course covers quite a bit of material via both lecture and plenty of hands-on exercises.
Program managers, project managers, planners, schedulers, and any individuals that need to create or maintain schedules in Microsoft Project.
Provided with the Course
Students are provided with a custom training manual, copies of the slides used during the class, exercise files, and access to download and install Project 2016 for one full month.
Project Management Institute
This course provides 8 PDUs
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the process of project scheduling and basic project management terminology.
- Extract key milestones and project constraints and incorporate them into the project schedule.
- Define and sequence tasks.
- Define and create resources.
- Perform assignment planning.
- Identify the tasks that are most likely to cause a project to be late through Critical Path Methodology analysis.
- Plan and manage resources.
- Incorporate project costs into the project.
- Work with master projects for multiple project analysis.
- Create project reports and understand the audience for each.