This two (2) day course is designed to provide practical, hands-on experience in the creation, management, and reporting of project schedules. This course teaches the processes of project scheduling and control, and how to implement those processes in Microsoft Project.
This course covers all facets of the project management process from project definition, creating tasks, adding and assigning resources, to project management and execution.
Be sure to speak with us regarding customizing this course for your particular organizations requirements or project managers maturity level. This course can be adjusted to any duration from between one and three days. This allows us to adjust the course for the very beginner to MS Project to very advanced project managers. We can also focus on problem areas such as levelling and variance analysis to other areas requiring special attention.
Program managers, project managers, planners, schedulers, and any individuals that need to create or maintain schedules in Microsoft Project.
Provided with the Course
Students are provided with a custom training manual, copies of the slides used during the class and all exercise files.
Project Management Institute
This course provides 16 PDUs
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the process of project scheduling and basic project management terminology.
- Identify the critical components of the project scope documentation that drive the structure of your project schedule.
- Extract key milestones and project constraints and incorporate them into the project schedule.
- Define and sequence tasks.
- Identify the tasks that are most likely to cause a project to be late through Critical Path Methodology analysis.
- Plan and manage resources.
- Incorporate project costs into the project.
- Utilize the preferred approach to applying status and changes to a project and understand how to analyze resulting impacts to determine schedule health.
- Define custom global objects to enable analysis.
- Create “what-if” scenarios to compare various possible approaches to schedule issues, including fast-tracking and crashing.
- Work with master projects for multiple project analysis.
- Create project reports and understand the audience for each.