This two-day course is designed to provide practical, hands-on experience in the creation, management, and reporting of project schedules using Project Professional and Project Online. This course teaches the processes of project scheduling and control, and how to implement those processes in Project Professional and Project Online.
Be sure to speak with us regarding customizing this course for your particular Project Online/Server setup. Doing so not only allows us to concentrate on the areas of the tool you are using, but also allows us to instruct students on the processes implemented around those areas of the tool.
Program Managers, project managers, planners, schedulers and any individuals that need to create or maintain schedules in Project Professional with Project Online
Provided with the Course
Students are provided with a custom training manual, copies of the slides used during the class and all exercise files.
Project Management Institute
This course provides 16 PDUs
What You’ll Learn
- Understand basic project management terminology.
- Understand the Project Online, Project Web App (PWA) and Project Professional environment.
- Use the PWA interface.
- Initiate projects.
- Identify the critical components of the project scope documentation that drive the structure of your project schedule.
- Extract key milestones and project constraints and incorporate them into the project schedule.
- Define and sequence tasks.
- Identify the tasks that are most likely to cause a project to be late through Critical Path Methodology analysis.
- Understand Enterprise Resources and build a Resource Team.
- Plan and manage resources.
- Use Resource Engagements.
- Set project baselines and publish projects.
- Track and manage timesheets and project progress.
- Understand how to analyze resulting impacts to determine schedule health.
- Define custom global objects to enable analysis.
- Work with master projects for multiple project analysis.
- Collaborate on projects.
- Create project reports and understand the audience for each.
- Work with additional PWA functionality.